Nocturnal Aviation Software
FTranProjectBuilder Release Notes
- Fix bug where only .f90 files could be created with “New File…”. Now all extensions recognized by gfortran can be created.
- Autocomplete improvements.
- Bug fixes: Remove unnecessary warnings, line numbers are always in monospaced font.
- Add time stamp feature to quickly insert the date and time (shift-conmmand-D)
- Fix a bug where closing a window might cause a crash.
- Fixed typos.
- Add coloring for F2003 intrinsic functions
- Disallow closing a project window when its Fortran program is running, and require that all programs to be explicitly stopped or finished before quitting.
- Add coloring for single quoted strings.
- Remove deprecated alert calls.
- Fix bug where a source file could be overwritten when creating a new file.
- Fixed font change bug in the editor.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for Previous/Next file navigation to option-command-left/right arrow.
- Added autocomplete for user and intrinsic functions. See User Manual and Web site for info!
- Added search for file names in the files panel.
- Fixed trial and registration bugs
- Bug fixes
- Fix error parser and popup window bugs.
- Fix bug where a "file has changed" dialog is shown if a file is edited too fast after saving.
- Compiler errors are now also marked along with the source code along the left margin. Click on the marker to view the error message. See the Help or User Manual for details on the new ways to navigate compiler errors.
- Find in Project results can now be navigated within a source file by a new Jump to Next Find Result menu item and keyboard command.
- Find operations are now moved to a new Find menu. Keyboard commands have been changed.
- Window positions, sizes and currently edited file states are now saved with the project.
- Option-Drag selection is now implemented in the editor.
- Bug Fixes.
- Input files (to be read from UNIT=5) can now be edited in the work area rather than in an external editor.
- Project files can now be moved or renamed without being lost. To enable this in old projects, open and save them before moving or renaming files.
- FTranProjectBuilder can now generate a static library (.a) instead of an executable by clicking a checkbox in the Execute Options pane.
- Swiping is now enabled to let one to switch between recently viewed files in the editor. Trackpad users set page swiping to three fingers, magic mouse users set page swiping to two fingers in the preferences to use this feature.
- Bug fixes
- Now finds gfortran versions installed by MacPorts.
- New "comment text" mode. Type option-command-C and syntax modifications are turned off so that comments can be typed quickly. Regular formatting is returned to after a commenting operation is done (command-Y, command-/) or option-command-C is typed again.
- FTranProjectBuilder will now warn you if a project file is changed in an external editor. The file being currently edited will be updated automatically when changed in an external editor.
- Bug fixes
- File paths set as environment variables are now searched first for compilers
- Command-U will now also complete TYPE and INTERFACE blocks, in addition to program units
- More support for F2003/2008 constructions
- Bug fixes
- Add formatting to popup list of program units in the editor pane. Module names are now in bold and separators can be added.
- Fix bugs in templates.
- Crash logs, if produced and available, are now written to the console in the event that the Fortran program crashes. Crash logs are generated by gfortran and pgifortran, for instance.
- Fix a backward compatibility bug for OSX 10.6 where the windows would not load correctly.
- Edit and update the help files
- Fix bug where editor would hang when operating on large selections of text.
- Speed up loading of files into the editor.
- Speed up operations on large selections of text.
- Minor UI modification to disable actions while running and compiling.
- Add field to execute options to pass command line arguments to a Fortran program
- Update to use the new Growl 2.0 framework.
- Better print formatting.
- Modify UI to handle larger files.
- Fix a selected columns bug.
- Add high resolution graphics for new Retina displays.
- FTranProjectBuilder now fully supports OpenMPI and OpenMP for parallel computation.
- Syntax coloring depends on whether the file is legacy f77 or free form f90+.
- Fix number of selected columns bug.
- New Options tab to create Notifications to send when the executable has finished running. Works with 10.6+, Growl, and Mountain Lion's Notification Center.
- Full screen capability in 10.7+.
- Jump to Program Unit. Right click on subroutine call, function or module USE statement to jump directly to its definition.
- Added coloring of preprocessor (#) and F77 (c) comment lines.
- Expanded Apple Help documentation
- UI enhancements and bug fixes
- Under the hood changes and bug fixes for compatibility with Mountain Lion.
- Updated User Manual.
- FTranProjectBuilder is now signed and ready for Mountain Lion's GateKeeper.
- The info line in the editor now shows the number of characters in a selection in parentheses.
- Enable console search to use search bar in Lion.
- Add warning in verbose compilation mode when a module file is used within the same file.
- Fix bookmark bug when multiple projects are open at the same time.
- File tracking was problematic and has been removed. It will be added back at a later date.
- Source and input files can now be moved without being lost by a project.
- Right click in the source list brings up a contextual menu with useful options
- Bug fixes.
- Update Absoft compiler support.
- Add NAG Fortran support. FTranProjectBuilder now supports all Mac Fortran compilers.
- Enhance compiler error reporting
- Fix bug when saving a new file with the same name as an existing one.
- Fix bug in procedure popup list when module procedures are present.
- Expand console and editor coloring behaviors.
- Add g95 and pgfortran compatibility.
- Enable Lion search bar.
- Fix console input bug when ADVANCE = 'no' is used.
- Enable in-App purchasing.